About Søren Bergenser
Søren Bergenser focuses on proceedings in the normal courts and national and international arbitration tribunals.
Søren Bergenser is specialized in compensation and insurance-related legal problems within the field of commercial insurance and drawing up of insurance terms.
In particular Søren Bergenser works with professional liability (real estate brokers, insurance brokers, lawyers, accountants and financial institutions) and the liability of officers and directors.
Furthermore Søren Bergenser works with the liability of financial councelling and liability related to investment projects and IPOs.
Søren Bergenser also specializes in product liability and construction-related claims.
Søren Bergenser works with commercial legal matters nationally and internationally, including company law and contracts especially related to IT and tech companies.
Søren Bergenser has formerly worked for The Danish FSA (Finanstilsynet) and has been seconded to the largest Danish insurance company.
- Senior Fellow, European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL), Vienna 2014-
- Visiting researcher, management liability, Duke University School of Law, 2013
- PhD in Legal Sciences (management liability) from University of Copenhagen 2011
- Studies at Max Planck Institute for International Private Law, 2010
- Master of Law from Århus University 1999
- Lawyer and admitted to the High Courts 2003
- Admitted to The Supreme Court 2008
- Danish Lawyers Professional Board Education 2008
Research Work & Teaching
- Guest lecturer in ”Torts” and ”Products Liability”, Chicago-Kent College of Law (Professor Richard D. Wright), October 2019
- Guest lecturer in ”Torts” and ”Products Liability”, IU Maurer School of Law (Professor Jody L. Madeira), November 2018
- Guest lecturer in ”Torts”, UC Berkeley School of Law (Roger J. Traynor Professor of Law, Stephen Sugarman), November 2017
- Visiting lecturer in “Torts II”, New York University School of Law (Crystal Eastman Professor of law Catherine M. Sharkey), March 2017
- Courses for professionals in “Danish Trusts” (Danish Bar Association) 2017-
- Courses for professionals in Management Liability (Danish Bar Association) 2016-
- PhD-thesis, (The Liability of the Supervisory Board) 2011
- Lecturer, University of Aalborg 2009-
- Assistant Professor, Århus University 2006-2008
- Assistant Professor, University of Copenhagen 2003-2006
- FSR Danish Auditors “The Civil Liability of Auditors”, 2014
- IBC Euroforum, chairman and speaker at the conference “The Competent Bank Management”, 2012
- Courses for professionals (DJØF), 2011-
- Courses for professionals (JUC), 2006-2010
- Courses for board members at Board Governance A/S 2009-
- Assistant Professor, Århus University 1998-1999
- Lecturer and co-writer at the yearly international ECTIL-conference in Vienna with Professor, Dr. Jur. Vibe Ulfbeck, University of Copenhagen
- Member VL Group 34
- AIDA – The International Association for Insurance Law
- English, German and the Scandinavian languages